Our children are the second chance of the human race.Read More...
Saying no so you can say yes.Read More...
Improving your life starting with the very next moment.Read More...
There is a way of “dancing” in a yoga pose even when completely still. It’s a posture of ease and love.Read More...
These things may seem random and petty in the light of greater problems. But if people, time and purses don’t encompass all of life, what does?
1. The career that allows you self expression but isn’t your ideal perfect dream career. Because if you’re hustling to follow your dreams on the side, and can follow some of those dreams at work, and aren’t a slave, and can put food on the table, be content. You’re luckier than most.
2. The almost perfect purse that doesn’t have a cell phone pocket. Some day I’ll get a Petunia Pickle Bottom purse, but for now I have this lovely soft oversized bag with organization galore inside and no cellphone pocket on the outside. Oh well.
3. Tea and coffee with friends and sometimes yoga. The early morning you got up to meditate and follow your dream. The Saturday you get to sleep in, even though you spent multiple late nights finishing up projects at work. Perfect schedules don’t exist. But determined and balanced ones can.
4. The wardrobe that allows you to pull together 2-3 put together outfits at most, and only has one workable pair of “favorite jeans.” Some day you’ll be able to buy lots of jeans. Not today. Oh well.
5. A community of less than perfect, growing, learning people. They’re all there for a reason. Some to love us. Some to strengthen us. Some to refine us. Be thankful. Life is good. Even when it doesn’t seem so.
This side of heaven – we can’t have it all.
A thankful heart makes everyone a better human being, opening that heart up to God’s blessings and His joy. And there’s so much to be thankful for. When I’m down, I start being thankful for, first of all, Who God is. He is everything the human heart is made to crave and whatever your circumstances, turning your heart toward Him will find you unexpected joy.
I am thankful for heroes who are willing to be away from home and family on this day:
I hope they can feel the love and prayers of loved ones across the ocean.
I’m thankful for friends and family.
For work – we started our own business together this year and it’s been exceeding our expectations above everything we could ask or think.
For the things in life that make life meaningful, and the little things that make it fun.
I’m thankful for a husband who is also my best friend and the most awesome business partner, for how he keeps me cheered up and seeing the beautiful side of life. I’ve never gotten any other answer from him when I ask “what makes you happy, Nate?” than, “seeing you happy,” and it’s doubtful I ever will.
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Here are some we can express our gratitude this year.
On behalf of the children we serve, we give thanks to you.
Thank you for helping us protect, defend, restore and empower boys and girls all around the world.
This beautiful post will touch your heart: http://www.love146.org/blog/the-children-saw-it-first/
Send a Christmas card or a donation on behalf of a loved one to help Love146.
International Justice Mission is on the front lines of rescue. They are my heroes.
Use this IJM Gift Catalog to buy your gifts this year:
Pray for the 27 million slaves who have yet to find rescue and hear of God’s love.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
I don’t know why this Wednesday seems gloomier than other days the past few weeks when I’ve really been very level and happy for weeks.
Maybe it’s because it’s seems too long until the weekend, and it’s my first week of getting up at 5:30 to work out and I’m tired. Maybe it’s because it’s been a few Fridays since I’ve been paid (oh the life of a freelancer). Maybe it’s because, though we’ve come so far in our debt payoff goals (from $120,000 to $39,000 since June of 2010), we still have $39,000 to go. Maybe it’s because it’s been two months since we were actually able to make a debt snowball payment because of unfair taxes (yes, I think it’s unfair to charge unemployment tax – whose bright idea is it to tax the stuffing out of people who are brave and create jobs?). Maybe it’s because I just really wish my best friend Nate was home to work with me (a treat I get a few hours a month – Nate works from home). Maybe it’s because I feel like there is all this creativity inside me and I have about 12 blog post ideas and 4 youtube video ideas and no time to work on them because I’m too busy. Busy doing things I like, yes. I like graphic design. But I like blogging and music soooo much.
Hang in there. Get through this day. I think Wednesday night might be our new date night because Thursday night is one of our gym nights. So hang in there until a fun date night tonight with Nate. There will be good food at home and maybe Season 3 of Psyche. And today some time http://ourlifeinaction.wordpress.com should publish her weekly Wednesday post to make us laugh (see how I’m looking forward to it). 🙂
And some day we will pay off our debt and buy the house at Walden and adopt and have a successful business we work in together and maybe even a successful blogging and youtube enterprise….ok so maybe I’m dreaming but I know some of those things will happen and think all of them could.
I’m not just a dreamer. I’m a dreamer with plans and work ethic.
Happy Wednesday lovely blogger friends.