Everybody needs a quick go-to makeup look that you throw on during hurried mornings, to get ready for meetings and lunch appointments, job interviews, weekend outings, whatever. I tend to always try to do something new which ends in more stress and time crunches, so this time I relied on color combinations I had used before and that I would know worked. The only new thing I tried was black eyeliner rather than brown, and it was a good trade. I liked the look so decided to share it with you.
Products Used, and these are some of my favorites:
pop portfolio palette from pop beauty ($26), NYX retractable pencil ($4.15), sonia kashuk magical mulberry ultra luxe lip gloss ($8.99), sonia kashuk blush bronzer duo glisten ($10.99?), wet ‘n wild mega length mascara ($3), paula’s choice ultra light antioxidant serum ($22.91 today on sale), paula’s choice barely there sheer tint moisturizer ($12 got it on sale), paula’s choice healthy finish pressed powder ($14.95), rimmel match perfection 2-in-1 concealer ($4.50).
Not bad, huh?
Last but not least, Jon Renau Julia. So that’s not really a product (well it is – but it’s kind of a daily thing), but I’m really excited I’m learning to style this thing and just in time for an important coffee meeting! It’s not perfect, but I’m so much closer to how it originally looked. I can always send it to Patti for a restyle, which I intend to do sometimes but definitely want to be able to style it myself, too. Compliments It’s the Small Things Blog for helping me figure out I only needed to curl the ends! This made a huge difference.
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Real Techniques Powder Brush, Real Techniques Blusher Brush, Real Techniques Kabuki, Real Techniques Shading Brush (eyes), Real Techniques base shadow brush (eyes), Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush (for concealing), Real Techniques Pixel Point Brush.
Products used for look:
Forgot the concealer in this picture – this is a must have for only $4.50!
1. After washing my face with Paula’s Choice Balancing Cleanser, I put Ultra Light Antioxidant Serum all over my skin including under my eyes. It’s a fantastic eye serum.
2. Then I applied Paula’s Choice Barely There Sheer Tint with the Expert Face Brush, not avoiding under my eye area. This means I don’t have to use under eye concealer, a life saver for me since my under eye skin is very thin.
3. Rimmel Match Perfection is a miracle worker of a concealer (see it in action here), and I applied it over all the spots on my forehead, around my nose, and just in the inner corners of my eyes using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush. Pixiwoo taught me the trick of using the deluxe crease brush as a concealer.
4. Then I used the base shadow brush to apply a pale champagne shadow (one of my two favorite colors from Pop Portfolio by Pop) over my lids, only to the crease.
5. Then I used one of my two favorite crease brushes, the shading brush, to fill in just the outer corner with a pretty dark taupish brown color from the same shadow palette.
6. NYX retractable in Black went on the outer 3/4 of my top lid near the lash line, and on the outer 1/3 of my lower lash line.
7. Sonia Kashuk’s Glisten Duo works for any occasion and almost any other colors, and I dusted the blush side across my cheeks with the Real Techniques blusher brush. The Real Techniques Kabuki (open) provides a good shape for applying bronzer on the temples and contour of cheek.
8. Wet N Wild Mega Length Mascara is a fun budget lengthening mascara that doesn’t make up tear up!!
9. Aquaphor lip Repair went on my lips before Sonia Kashuk Ultra Luxe lip gloss coated them with Magical Mulberry.
10. And that’s the finished look inspired by my lunch meeting Wednesday!
Check out 2 minutes video to see makeup 7 hours later!
15 thoughts on “Monday Morning Makeup Inspiration – Any Occasion Confidence”
Nice everyday look, and a great step-by-step! 🙂
Thanks Saray! These are some of my favorite products right now. 🙂
Very pretty. Question – what does the serum do?
What a great question! It is an amazing all purpose elixir. It’s like having a primer that is also an under eye serum that is also an anti-aging super antioxidant skin clearing serum for your face. The Vitamin C and enzymes help to keep your skin clear, and it gives the most lovely smooth finish to your foundation or TM, and the video clip shows how well the makeup lasted 8 hours later. I really can’t do without one of Paula’s Choice serums. http://wearyourvitamins.com/2013/05/09/paulas-choice-many-amazing-serums/ Thanks for asking!
Oh I NEED that 🙂 Thank you for sharing
Fabulous tutorial! And you look amazing, my friend!
Thank you! 🙂
Oooh it’s fun to get ready with you 🙂 I really like the look, you look so fresh and awake.
Thank you!! Compliments the serum and TM I think. 🙂
Lovely makeup and I have that concealer/highlighter too…I love it! 🙂
I’m in good company! 🙂
Nice, really naturally.
Veeery pretty for everyday wear 😀 I love how you just make a video for lots of things.
I know they’re so random!! 🙂 Thanks.