These things may seem random and petty in the light of greater problems. But if people, time and purses don’t encompass all of life, what does?
1. The career that allows you self expression but isn’t your ideal perfect dream career. Because if you’re hustling to follow your dreams on the side, and can follow some of those dreams at work, and aren’t a slave, and can put food on the table, be content. You’re luckier than most.
2. The almost perfect purse that doesn’t have a cell phone pocket. Some day I’ll get a Petunia Pickle Bottom purse, but for now I have this lovely soft oversized bag with organization galore inside and no cellphone pocket on the outside. Oh well.
3. Tea and coffee with friends and sometimes yoga. The early morning you got up to meditate and follow your dream. The Saturday you get to sleep in, even though you spent multiple late nights finishing up projects at work. Perfect schedules don’t exist. But determined and balanced ones can.
4. The wardrobe that allows you to pull together 2-3 put together outfits at most, and only has one workable pair of “favorite jeans.” Some day you’ll be able to buy lots of jeans. Not today. Oh well.
5. A community of less than perfect, growing, learning people. They’re all there for a reason. Some to love us. Some to strengthen us. Some to refine us. Be thankful. Life is good. Even when it doesn’t seem so.
This side of heaven – we can’t have it all.